Information We Collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including but not limited to: name, company name, address, phone number and email address.)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including but not limited to: name, company name, address, phone number and email address);
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
The legal basis for processing the data is to allow us to carry out our business and for the benefit of our clients. In addition, we may also use the following as a basis for processing the data:
- To administer client records.
- To promote the benefits of our business.
- To advise and update clients of Health & Safety information and changes relating, but not limited to inks, machinery and other products.
- To advise and update clients of changes and improvements in product specifications.
- To manage our employees' work-related requirements.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To provide a service to the standard of expectation that individual clients' may have requested.
- To inform our clients of news, events, activities or other services.
- To contact individuals via surveys and research programmes regarding current services or potential new services that may be offered.
- To notify clients of specialised instructions required for workplace safety or accident investigations.
Due to the nature of how Substance Europe Ltd supplies its product range, in order to further a purchase enquiry, we may be required to pass your details via email to one or more of our distributors or manufacturer partners.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- As part of our data collection process for our regular marketing activities and to update our CRM System, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about products, promotions, newsletters and correspondents; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information or supply information you have requested; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you're happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you goods purchased and / or supply services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you our printed and / or electronic newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- keep you informed with technical information pertinent to your product and its ongoing warranty, including, but not limited to; FCOs, health and safety updates and product updates.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website, information and accounting systems it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We store your data for a minimum of 10 years, or until you specifically request its removal. We will keep any information required by law for accounting purposes.
Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website will not be stored by us.
We may share your personal data with our payment processors but only for the purposes of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
Other than as previously stated, we will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Unit 17, Chorley Central Business Park, Stump Lane, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 0BL, United Kingdom.
Third Party Websites
The Substance Europe Ltd website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Substance Europe Ltd.
Changes to These Policies
Substance Europe Ltd may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
If you have any questions on these policies, please contact us by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer those questions.